Marketing Management, (BUAD 333) and Digital Media & Social Entrepreneurship, (COMM 346) are partnering this semester to catalyze conversations on our campus about social entrepreneurship, a type of business organization that incorporates in order to address social and/or ecological predicaments. Students are planning and marketing Changemaker Week (April 9-12) to take the professor-student exchanges and inquiry and launch them into Trinity’s broader campus and constituency.
Here’s what’s going on:
- Monday- April 9- students are partnering with Trinity Business Network to discuss corporate social responsibility with the help of several Trinity Alumni.
- Tuesday- April 10- a social entrepreneurship pitch contest as an OPUS event
- Wednesday, April 11- movie screening of the documentary film Poverty, Inc. with a post show discussion
- Thursday, April 12- students will meet with social entrepreneurs from Chicago:
- Emily Lonigro-Boylan & Demetrio Maguigad of Lime-Red Studio
- Robert White of Cara Chicago;
- Laura Zumdahl of Bright Endeavors (affiliated with New Moms)
- a Holland, MI photo-related social business